About the role
We currently have a unique opportunity servicing our rural customers across a vast and diverse territory. Preferably based in Geraldton or Perth, your territory stretches from the Hyden area to Carnarvon, covering the Wheatbelt, Midwest, Gascoyne regions.
You will work to build strong relationships with our rural retailers, helping them build better outcomes for their businesses. Working alongside and passionately with key farmers, fencing contractors, government bodies and industry groups.
You will also be responsible for;
- Maximising the sales revenue, margin and volume of Waratah’s rural products through extensive contact with end users, distributor clients and key influencers of buying decisions
- Developing sales plans required to achieve sales targets and monitor market trends
- Achievement of your sales targets
- Influencing large contractors, end users and other key stakeholders by articulating product benefits, demonstrating these products and providing training
- Preparing proposals and detailed costings in consideration of our environment and encouraging where applicable purchase of higher margin products.
About your experience
Our ideal candidate will have a robust understanding of the Australian agricultural industry alongside proven sales experience:
- An agricultural related qualification is desirable but not essential
- A passion for farming is essential, non-questionable. This will be your success!
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to deliver effective presentations to individuals and groups
- Display a positive attitude and a drive to succeed
- Extensive training in the demonstration of a wide and growing range of Waratah products will be provided
- Demonstrate a passion to generate new business opportunities and leads is paramount
- You’ll be a self-starter and demonstrate a willingness to travel and be away from home regularly. You will hold a current and valid driver’s license
About our team
Waratah Fencing is an iconic business servicing a wide range of customers across rural Australia. We don’t just develop and manufacture premium fencing products, we provide fencing solutions. We have earned our reputation by developing innovative products to meet the needs of rural farming for over 135 years. Although it’s now a long way since 1884 some things stay the same, and that is the tenacious capacity of Australian farmers to always reinvent themselves – and so will Waratah. It’s the Australian way. It’s our way. With the largest and most experienced sales support team and distribution network, this is your opportunity to excel, working alongside industry stakeholders and the Nation’s most innovative farming solutions. Our robust team are passionate about what they deliver and how they deliver it, you’ll be the same!
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gfgalliance.com.