Snowy Monaro Regional Council
Snowy Monaro Regional Council have an entry level traineeship position available for a suitable person interested in starting a career in the Water and Wastewater Industry. This two-year program, located in Jindabyne, will see you working in the outdoors, assisting in the operation and maintenance of Council’s water and wastewater systems under direction from the Team Leader Water Wastewater Civil Maintenance. We are looking for a dedicated and reliable person who is wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
If you are looking to contribute to the infrastructure in your local area, apply now!
What’s on Offer:
- Learning and Development
- Opportunity to access a 9 day fortnight
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification: Certificate III in Water Industry Operations
- Working in an all-inclusive culture where all people are valued, and differences respected
- Assist with the maintenance of the Council’s water Supply reticulation systems and consumer services in accordance with Council policies and directives
- Assist with the maintenance of the Water Supply rising main, reservoirs and pumping station as required
- To assist in constructing and repairing water main reticulation pipelines and appurtenances, consumer services and water meter installation in accordance with WSAA Codes, design plans, Australian Standard AS 3500 and Council Directives
- Maintain Council wastewater drainage systems
- Complete all on the job and technical training provided by Council and external training providers within specified timeframes and to the level required.
- Comply with legislative and organisational requirements and be accountable for own decisions and actions
Please note that the salary range will be dependent upon traineeship conditions.
- Year 10 or Year 12 Record of School Achievement (RoSA) or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Adaptability to a changing environment as per the demands of the business
- Skills in managing time and organising own work
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality
- Ability to commit to and undertake a traineeship including completion of a Certificate III qualification
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
Submitting your application
Good applications make a positive impression and can lead to an interview or further assessment. Don’t apply just for the sake of it. Select the right job for you and prepare a strong (and accurate) application highlighting your skills, abilities and experience, and how they meet the requirements of the job.
Please use your cover letter to demonstrate to us that you have what is needed to be successful in this role by telling us more about you, why you want to work with us and by addressing the essential and desirable criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 22 June 2022
For any enquiries relating the role, please email Workforce Management
At Snowy Monaro Regional Council, we are committed to providing EEO and embracing diversity. We are an inclusive workforce which reflects the unique region, community, and customers we serve. In addition to providing an encouraging and positive environment, Council is a smoke free work environment.
Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.careersatcouncil.com.au.