- Entry level opportunities for Trainee Truck Operators
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
- Kick start your mining career at McArthur River Mine
Trainee Truck Operators
McArthur River Mine | Northern Territory
Ref. No. MRMTTO2022
Tired of your regular 9 to 5? Looking for a change, new challenges, and a better work life balance? Join our team and make mining your new career!
At MRM, we’re looking for our next cohort of Trainee Truck Operators to join our Mining Production team, commencing on a 12-month fixed-term contract with opportunities to qualify for permanent employment after successful completion of the traineeship. These roles are only open to current Northern Territory residents.
As a Glencore trainee, you’ll be set you up for success with on-the-job training from our experienced team of mining professionals. We will help you connect with new colleagues, deeply expose you to the mining & metals industry and provide you with a supportive environment to develop your career and open future opportunities within our site.
You’ll learn more about the important part we continue to play in the Territory’s resources industry and how we contribute to our local area, the NT and our nation.
Sound exciting? Come join us!
You are a good fit with this role if:
- You hold a current NT driver’s license
- Are able to pass a Functional Capacity Evaluation and Pre-employment Medical to meet the physical demands of the role
- Able to depart from Darwin Airport to FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out) to and from site for your roster requirements.
- Have a genuine passion and commitment to becoming a qualified operator
- Civil operating experience and/or previous exposure to operating equipment & HME is highly regarded but not mandatory
- are looking for a new and exciting career
In return, we offer an attractive even-time work roster (two weeks on, two weeks off), employee recognition programs, and a competitive salary package. As a member of the Glencore family, you’ll have full access to our Glencore Rewards program, providing you with discounts and benefits across a range of retailers and services.
With fantastic, freshly prepared meals and facilities ranging from a swimming pool to movie theatre, a golf driving range to a 24-hour gym, your time on-site will be enjoyable and comfortable. Best of all, we are only a one-hour flight from Darwin, giving you more time to spend with family and friends in your time off.
If you’re looking to take your first step into a career in mining, we’d love to hear from you!
For further information please contact:
Denzil Bowen, Human Resources Advisor, on email@example.com or 08 8975 8175.
Applications Close: 22 July 2022
Glencore’s McArthur River Mine (MRM) is a world-class zinc-lead mine with a long future. You’ll find our mine in the Gulf of Carpentaria 900 km southeast of Darwin and 64 km from Borroloola. We produce and process zinc, lead and silver from our open cut mine. It is then stored and transported to our Bing Bong loading facility and is shipped to our customers all over the world. Our customers use our essential commodities in everyday products for mobility, infrastructure and communications.
To apply for this job please visit glencorejobs.nga.net.au.