Qube Ports & Bulk is one of the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service providers in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. We operate in over 142 locations across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with a workforce of over 8,200 employees.
The Company is committed to providing an environment that is safe for all our employees and together with our employees taking personal accountability for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is integral in managing our Stevedoring operations and will drive operational and safety performance.
- Appropriate communication of company procedures to the operational team through pre start safety and information discussions and meetings
- Selects, prepares and directs the use of appropriate equipment in a safe and productive manner
- Directs and manages the performance of the operations team
- Liaises and communicates with Agents and Vessels’ Chief Officers
- Completes and processes all required documents
- Monitors and ensures compliance with employment terms (EA’s), OH&S and Environmental legislation and company policy and take necessary corrective action
- Identify and submit hazard and near miss reports. Conduct safety observations and recommendations for corrective action to the NT Port Manager
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications within logistics or related field will be highly regarded
- Previous experience within the Stevedoring or Logistics industry
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in vessel operations and planning
- Ability to diagnose, evaluate and resolve operational problems
- Ability to understand awards and workplace agreements
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Maintain effective levels of communication within the organisation to enhance teamwork, productivity and customer focus
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive remuneration
- Access to QubeCare, our employee wellbeing program
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued leadership. Apply for this position today!
Qube Ports & Bulk values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com.