Be an integral part of the RVC team
- Exciting opportunity for growth and development
- Supportive learning environment
- Hands-on workplace experience
- Undertake a Certificate III in Business with TAFE NSW
About Richmond Valley Council
Richmond Valley Council is a dynamic organisation dedicated to providing exceptional services to the community. We are committed to fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
About the Position
As a Trainee Records at Richmond Valley Council, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accurate and efficient management of records. You will receive comprehensive training and support to develop your skills and knowledge in records management.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with organising and maintaining records in both physical and electronic formats
- Ensure records are properly classified, stored, and archived
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with recordkeeping policies and procedures
- Collaborate with team members to improve record management processes
You will have the opportunity to work in a supportive team environment and contribute to the overall success of the organisation.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is eager to learn and grow in the field of records management. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong communication and organisational skills, as well as a strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality and data integrity.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will be dependent on age, skill, and experience. Richmond Valley Council also offers a competitive superannuation package of 11%. In addition, employees have access to a Fitness Passport and ongoing training opportunities.
Fixed term: 70-hour fortnight (Term Contract – 1 year)
Salary: Dependant on age, skill & experience 11% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday, 3 December 2023
Contact: Lisa Caban, Records and Information Coordinator – (02) 6660 0321
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to kickstart your career in records management, we encourage you to apply!
About Richmond Valley
The Richmond Valley LGA is the base of the Northern Rivers region of NSW. The area is around three hours from Brisbane and less than an hour to Byron Bay. Richmond Valley and our surrounding areas are some of the most beautiful and desired in the country. Why wait in bumper-to-bumper traffic when you can drive past the gorgeous beaches, through rolling hills and fully embrace the benefits of regional living. Your “office” will range from beautiful coastal villages and country towns to vast fertile farmlands.
Richmond Valley has a generous Leave Management Policy including three weeks sick leave, compassionate leave, and volunteer leave to name a few. Our Health & Wellbeing Program includes Fitness Passports, free yoga each week, free meditation and a fun Health & Wellbeing Day alongside many other initiatives.
We are a strong believer in developing those who want to learn more, master their field or enter a new one, our Learning & Development strategy supports professional growth that aligns to organisational need. Leadership is very important to Richmond Valley, and we invest every year in our Leadership team with the aim of making all staff at Council empowered and engaged.
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click “Next“.
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click “Next“.
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click “Confirm” to submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit richmondvalleycouncil.applynow.net.au.