We are incredibly passionate about the good work we do and the difference we make. We serve the community by delivering safe and secure water that sustains life and prosperity for over 3.2 million people every day.
We boast a workforce genuinely committed to our shared purpose. It is a positive and supportive culture empowered to nurture diversity, career growth, and opportunity. Most importantly, we get to work with great people.
We also get to live and work on and around our dams, lakes, and parks! Our workplace is a beautiful place and holds vast cultural, historical, and environmental significance.
About Your Opportunity
Fixed term opportunity for 2 years, commencing in mid-2023.
Seqwater is committed to providing career opportunities within the water industry. Our Next Generation Trainee Program provides participants the opportunity to earn while they learn.
Trainees Operator Supply undertake a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (Treatment) whilst also working within a team of experienced Water Treatment professionals.
As a Trainee Operator Supply, you will develop competencies to be able to assist in carrying out activities associated with the operation of Water Treatment Plants and other water related infrastructure to effectively meet requirements relating to water delivery, regulatory standards, and operational efficiencies.
You will work under supervision to undertake the following:
- Collect and assist with the analysis process of sampling and carrying out laboratory testing.
- Assist the Operators in general treatment plant operations and in the evaluation of problems with treatment processes and equipment that will impact on plant output and water quality and implement remedial actions.
- Assist with identifying equipment faults, and implement changes or contingency plans as directed, to maintain satisfactory plant operation and aiding Operators to initiate corrective actions using the Work Request system.
- Assist in compiling and recording plant operational data on a daily basis. Report all breakdowns, spillage and abnormal occurrences to ensure problems are resolved promptly and information is accurately recorded.
- Assist preparation and maintenance of water treatment infrastructure and plant equipment and undertake general maintenance as required.
- Assist internal and external service providers in their delivery of routine preventative, planned and breakdown maintenance as required.
Water Treatment operations work can include weekend, on-call and out of hours work including public holidays.
You have a keen interest in maths and science and like to use these skills to solve problems. You have a good awareness of safety and will follow all safe work practices and procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
You take care and diligence in your work and ensure records are kept accurately and willing to follow directions given by your leader and supervising operators.
In addition to the Certificate III, you will be willing to undertake a range of other training such as confined space training, First Aid certificate, and any additional training deemed necessary to carry out the duties of an Operator Supply.
A drivers licence or the ability to attain quickly is a must, along with a willing to travel around your designated region. Ideally you will have basic computer skills and have some experience with or a willingness to learn the use of small plant and equipment.
For a more detailed preview of the work that you will be involved in, please take a look at the position description on our careers page. We also invite you to connect with us on LinkedIn and join our growing community of followers to see all the latest news and job opportunities as and when they happen. https://www.linkedin.com/company/seqwater/
This position has a starting salary at $42,124.55 plus superannuation, with remuneration increasing upon completion of various milestones throughout the trainee program. By completion of the program the salary will increase up to $61,761.92 per annum plus superannuation.
If you are looking for an extraordinary career in which you can make a real impact, we’d love to hear from you!
Submit your resume via the Apply button and complete the application form.
Applications close: 11.55pm AEST, Sunday, 2nd April 2023
For further information please email enquiries to [email protected]
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.