it’s not every day you get to contribute to something of such global significance. the kind of project that will swell your belly with pride when you show loved ones what you helped to create. the kind of project that impacts the community, locally and globally, for generations to come.
so, if you’re hungry for the chance to work with advanced technology alongside australia’s leading engineering experts, get ready to transform an industry (and your career!).
we’re known for our safety-first mateship culture, here. you need to be someone with a genuine concern for the safety and wellbeing of others. you’ll also have\:
- the capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- an innovative mindset and willingness to challenge the room
- a belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play.
when you join ugl, you’ll get to shape the nation alongside australia’s best experts. with greater exposure to large-scale projects end-to-end, you can develop wildly and fast. you’ll be empowered to follow your curiosity and supported to carve out your dream career-life journey.
as a diversified services organisation, ugl appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
- be supported to pursue educational and leadership development opportunities
- be rewarded with competitive remuneration and benefits, including our holistic health and wellbeing program
- access endless career options and pathways, because ugl backs our own with a preference to promote from within. we’re also a member of the cimic group, one of the world’s leading international contractors!
about the role
ugl is seeking expressions of interest for the role of trainee drafter to develop and learn in a role while assisting in the design and preparation of engineering drawings and models.
- learn and maintain expected current drafting and modelling standards as set by legislative requirements and market demands
- work within a leading edge 3d design space
- deliver projects within predetermined specifications
- interpret information and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- assist in the preparation of estimates, deliverables lists, and work packages for this discipline.
- no prior engineering or drafting experience is required
- excellent time management skills;
- be currently or willing to enrol in a drafting course at tafe;
- attention to detail, particularly with spelling and grammatical ability;
- have competent computer skills;
- must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven;
- must be energetic with a positive can do attitude;
- ability to cope under pressure;
- knowledge of cad or similar program would be beneficial but not required;
ugl limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. we work across all the industries to design, build and commission assets, facilities and infrastructure from the smallest to the largest scale.
we’re the people behind communications, rail, water, oil, gas, and renewables. we build tunnels under rivers and flyover roads. we’re the people who take on the problems that have never been solved. the ones that stretch you outside of what’s known, where your true genius is challenged and shines.
we’re moving australia forward and we want you to move with us.
To apply for this job please visit ugl.taleo.net.