This position is open to those who identify as Bailai, Gooreng Gooreng, Gurang and/or Taribelang Bunda mob.
Scaffolders erect and dismantle scaffolding to provide work platforms on building and industrial sites, and for temporary structures such as staging and seating.
Working from plans and blueprints, selecting scaffolding materials, fitting together steel pipes, braces and clamps before lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding together. Disassembling scaffolding at the completion of a job and ensuring the site is clean and tidy.
On successful completion of your traineeship with Programmed, you will receive: Certificate III in Scaffolding
Throughout your traineeship, you will gain skills and experience across areas including:
- Identify hazards and implement appropriate hazard control measures
- Identify and manage risks
- Select and use appropriate materials, tools and equipment
- Determine material quantity requirements
- Prioritise and sequence tasks
- Use and operate a range of tools and equipment correctly and safely including mechanical lifting devices
- Environmental and OHS requirements, including material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Safety signs and symbols
- Record relevant information in log books, site records, hoist books and other standard workplace documentation
- Apply measurements and calculations using appropriate equipment, formulas and records
- Report and record hazards and risks
In order to be considered as a potential candidate for a Scaffolding Traineeship with Programmed, you will have:
- A commitment to embracing a Zero Harm safety culture
- A positive attitude, self-motivation and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to take direction from supervisors and to ask questions
- Good listening and communication skills
- Interest in developing a career in the natural gas industry
- Ability to get to the LNG facility ferry terminal to travel to Curtis Island
Duration and Training
This traineeship is for 12 months and training will take place in Gladstone on Curtis Island. This training will be a mix of on-line & face to face learning as well as in the workplace activities on Curtis Island. You will learn from experienced people, and be supported by the Programmed team.
Applications close on the 17th April 2023.