Cleaning / Catering Traineeship
This position is open to those who identify as Bailai, Gooreng Gooreng, Gurang and/or Taribelang Bunda mob.
During this traineeship you will support the day-to-day operation of the kitchen/ cleaning. This involves assisting in food preparation, maintaining orderliness of food supplies and equipment, sanitation control, kitchen equipment maintenance and serving customers, cleaning kitchen equipment, cleaning crib rooms, bathrooms, site offices and cleaning of dining room.
During slower times, you will maintain the kitchen.This qualification provides a pathway to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
On successful completion of your traineeship with Programmed, you will receive: Certificate III in Hospitality
Throughout your traineeship, you will gain skills and experience across areas including:
- Customer service
- Prepare and present simple dishes
- Prepare and present sandwiches
- Package prepared foodstuffs
- Prepare salads
- Keep pantry and fridges fully stocked
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Prepare meal ingredients for the cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients
- Assist kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Clean the crib rooms, bathrooms and site offices
- Clean the dining room
In order to be considered as a potential candidate for a Hospitality Traineeship with Programmed, you will have:
- A commitment to embracing a Zero Harm safety culture
- A positive attitude, self-motivation and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to take direction from supervisors and to ask questions
- Good listening and communication skills
- Interest in developing a career in the natural gas industry
- Ability to get to the LNG facility ferry terminal to travel to Curtis Island
- Working hours will vary in alignment with the host company
Duration and training
This traineeship is for 12 months and training will take place in Gladstone on Curtis Island. This training will be a mix of on-line & face to face learning as well as in the workplace activities on Curtis Island. You will learn from experienced people, and be supported by the Programmed team.
Applications close on the 17th April 2023.