Supervisor Laboratory Fixed Plant
- Supportive team culture with a focus on inclusion, safety and work life balance
- Opportunity to apply your strong laboratory knowledge in a leadership role
- Attractive 8/6 dayshift only (FIFO ex Perth), supporting Robe Valley – Mesa A
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are looking for an engaging and safety focused Supervisor Laboratory Fixed Plant to lead a dynamic team of laboratory operators.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to draw on your people leadership skills, harnessed with your technical knowledge to positively develop and support your team, whilst fostering an inclusive and positive team culture.
Leading from the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility and stakeholder engagement. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep our people safe as we work.
Reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant and working in a collaborative and diverse team within the Mesa A Fixed Plant team, you will:
- Be an inspiring role model and coach for positive behaviours, practices and processes, whilst providing leadership, development and support to your team
- Ensure that sampling turnaround times are met safely and to a high standard
- Ensure a high degree of quality control is maintained
- Ensure that data is collected, validated and collated for high quality management practices
- Exhibit and demand good housekeeping practices within the lab area
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained to optimum levels
- Manage all consumable items for the laboratory area
What you’ll bring
- Proactive approach with a strong commitment in driving a safe working culture
- A passionate people leader who will influence, motivate and be confident in effectively leading, mentoring and coaching team members as well as interfacing with senior leaders
- A desire to build and lead engaged teams
- Demonstrated ability in meeting targets and bringing the team on a journey of continuous development
- A current valid driver’s license
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 17 mines, four independent port terminals, a rail network spanning nearly 2,000 kilometres and related infrastructure – all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of iron ore.
Where you will be working
Located in the scenic Pilbara region and close to the major centre of Karratha, the vibrant town offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidised housing.
This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities.
The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, an excellent primary school with options to undertake secondary school studies in a supervised distance education program, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Ready to experience something unique? Come work with us.
Applications close on 5 December 2023 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.