Superintendent Asset Health
Fortescue is both a proud West Australian company and a global green solutions business. We are recognised for our culture, innovation and industry-leading development of infrastructure, mining assets and green energy initiatives.
Work Location: Fortescue Centre & Bennett St – Fortescue’s Perth office is located on the traditional lands of the Whadjuk people.
Roster: Monday to Friday
This Perth based role is responsible for the asset health program for all assets across all areas of the Fortescue supply chain. The key mission of the Superintendent Asset Health is to provide and continuously improve the best asset health processes and systems to the business.
A key function of this role is to provide visibility on asset health to all levels of Fortescue, including the identification of long-term trends to senior leaders, and develop strategic improvement strategies.
As Fortescue looks to reach real zero carbon emissions by 2030, this role is also responsible for coordinating the transition of all lubricants in the business to non-fossil-fuel-based alternatives. Implementation of new technologies is also a key attribute of this role. The right candidate will keep a view of new condition detection technologies such as online systems and wireless sensors, with intention to deploy them at a large scale across Fortescue.
Reporting to the Manager Asset Health & Performance, this role will manage a team of experienced personnel across a variety of key functions. The right candidate will demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills, and an aptitude for managing a team.
- Managing and leading a team of asset health specialists to deliver outcomes and continuous improvement across the business
- Develops, implements and maintain multiple fundamental business-wide systems such as the Asset Health Manager (AHM), MHM, SPM Condmaster, IoCurrents and Inspector.
- Develops custom applications to fill gaps in the asset management framework or remove overlapping systems to simplify the system landscape.
- Trialling new innovations, technologies and detection techniques. As well as providing guidance to the business on cost effective defect detection solutions.
- Owning and updating the condition monitoring and lubrication standards and driving compliance across all areas of Fortescue.
- Maintaining visibility of upcoming challenges to prepare our assets and people for the future. • Establishing and maintaining effective systems and processes to monitor, measure and report on asset health metrics, such as site-wide asset health indexes.
- Developing and implementing asset health improvement strategies to optimise the reliability of our equipment.
- Engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and integration of asset health initiatives.
- Driving a culture of safety, innovation and excellence within the asset health team and across the sites.
- Actively supporting the decarbonisation team as well as driving various decarbonisation initiatives to ensure Fortescue achieves real zero carbon emissions by 2030.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering degree (preferred) or Mechanical or Electrical Trade
- Extensive experience (5 years) in the mining or heavy industry sector
- Experience in engineering, condition monitoring, maintenance or reliability roles is essential, with on-site operational experience (preferred)
- Asset Management experience (highly beneficial)
- VA CAT III certification (highly beneficial)
- MLA, MLT & UT certification (preferred)
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with the ability to coach, mentor and develop teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data and systems to drive decision making and improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- A commitment to safety, quality and sustainability
Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Internal Candidates / Current Contractors please apply via Success Factors Careers Portal. For further information on how to apply please visit the Fortescue Hub.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified. Fortescue will never contact you to ask for payment of any kind, whether directly or through a third party.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fortescue.com.