Stores Officer – Bell Bay Aluminium
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Key role in a diverse and global organization
- Permanent Full Time Position – 9 Day Fortnight
About the role
We are looking for a Stores Officer to form part of the team responsible for Site Stock auditing and the delivery, receipt, processing and distribution of stock for the entire Bell Bay site. This position will work a 9 day fortnight from 6:30am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday.
This role is a great opportunity to assist in supporting the Warehousing team in achieving a beneficial, efficient and effective operation across the Bell Bay Aluminium site. Reporting to the Crew Leader Stores, you will be:
- Meeting customers’ requirements on site for delivery of goods and ensure accuracy for receipting stock to inventory and site requirements
- Maximizing efficiency by applying time management practices and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and eliminate waste
- Effectively warehousing, handling and storing site inventory and removing obsolete stock from storage
- Unloading and loading of vehicles both manually and with material handling equipment
- Ensuring accurate dispatch of shipments of materials off site
- Identifying, reporting and responding to plant and process variations such as breakdowns and maintenance
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Good written, verbal and numerical skills.
- Proficient in SAP and have confident computer skills
- Be able to build constructive working relationship with team members across the site
- An energetic and enthusiastic “hands on” approach, with a passion to learn, improve and achieve
- Ability to plan and work efficiently with discretion, reliably and accuracy
- Strong commitment to health, safety, environment and community
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Previous warehousing experience
- Forklift Licence
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking, and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Company provided insurance cover
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- To better suit different family needs, our paid parental leave approach gives all parents the option to take 18 weeks of paid leave after a new child arrives – at a time that suits them
- Exclusive employee discounts including hotel stays, banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Bell Bay Aluminium is part of the Rio Tinto Group, a global leader in aluminium, which is one of the world’s most widely used metals. Based approximately 50 kilometres from Launceston in Northern Tasmania, the smelter produces primary aluminium products.
You can learn more on our official website: https://bellbayaluminium.com.au/
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.