Yalagan Group is a dynamic Indigenous owned and= operated company, specialising in delivering Indigenous personnel, training and project solutions across Australia, servicing the Construction, Mining and Infrastructure sectors.
We are committed to the genuine engagement of Indigenous people ensuring that we establish a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and understanding of Indigenous culture.
About the Roles
We are currently seeking a qualified and reliable Storeperson who will assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles, and strictly comply with all workplace health and safety and quality policies and procedures.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Store products safely, in the correct locations utilising the appropriate manual handling and forklift operation instructions.
- Participate in the filling of customer orders by picking product and compiling it in the correct area, ensuring loads are clearly marked to avoid confusion when loading onto delivery vehicles.
- Operate machinery as required commensurate with the appropriate level of training and accreditation and to the expected efficiency targets.
- Regularly communicate with Operations Coordinator, Sales team, Dispatch Coordinator and Inventory Controller to ensure they are aware of any discrepancies on dockets or special requirements of customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers and transport providers and drivers through regular contact in the warehouse.
- Participate in training programs when required.
- Be available to physically participate in stocktaking when required.
- Operate in a co-operative and positive manner with other team members so as to assist in the achievement of the common business objectives.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe working condition in accordance with the daily checklist.
- Continually strive to develop and suggest more cost effective approaches to warehouse activities.
Preferred Licenses/ Skills:
- Hold appropriate forklift license (LO Preferable)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation and preventative maintenance of a forklift.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation and preventative maintenance of a crane.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the loading, unloading and storage of metals products.
- Ability to read dockets and write legibly.
- Ability to communicate verbally to clearly present your ideas to your Operations Coordinator and also raise concerns with all levels of the business.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.