Golding is a successful mining, urban and civil infrastructure project management services business with projects and operations across Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia. We are reliable and cost effective, working hard to achieve successful outcomes for our clients by working with them in ways that create and deliver value.
Golding are currently seeking a capable and experienced Specialist Safety, Health, Environmental and Training Advisor to be based on-site at Boggabri Mine project located in NSW.
Reporting to the Safety, Health, Environment and Training Manager, the successful candidate will have the capability to handle multiple complex situations simultaneously and a demonstrated record in positively influencing key stakeholders to achieve objectives.
This role will operate on a Monday to Friday roster. A generous housing allowance will be provided for the role.
Key role tasks:
- Facilitate and develop risk assessments in alignment with the project’s schedule of works;
- Develop, schedule and champion a project specific SHE Monitoring Program directly informed by completed, activity specific risk assessments;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the application of the Safety and Health, Environment and Training Management Plans on site and provide advice to the Project Manager on possible improvement initiatives;
- Contribute to and inject SHE risk based content within planned project communication forums;
- Assess compliance with site access requirements and facilitate inductions;
- Provide technical input into investigation reports and lead significant investigations where required;
- Develop content, provide input and where required deliver SHET information (including inductions), in accordance with the requirements of the sustainability systems;
- Contribute to broader Golding SHE improvement programs.
Key capability requirements:
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety;
- Minimum 5 years project-based experience within the mining industry with proven exposure to safety, health, environment and training systems application, compliance and coaching;
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance working environments;
- Ability to understand and apply relevant legislation;
- A clear understanding of risk management principles;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and develop risk assessments;
- Experience in SHE auditing, incident reporting and incident investigation.
Please apply below
Golding is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit extranet.golding.com.au.