At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern arrangement with residential, FIFO (from Adelaide) or DIDO options available.
The position of Specialist Maintenance Execution (Smelter) will form part of a multi-functional and diverse team supporting the Surface Maintenance department to safely and efficiently achieve departmental and BHP Olympic Dam business objectives.
In this role you will:
- Have a commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Be responsible for the execution of activities across shifts and other departments in order to safely add value and improve efficiencies
- Provide technical expertise within the maintenance team whilst facilitating preventative and reactive maintenance activities
- Foster collaborative and productive working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to working in and promoting a healthy, safe, environmentally responsible and sustainable workplace
- Be active in identifying and communicating improvements to procedures, processes or plant and participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of plant issues as required
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise relevant to the role and support the Management of Change process to all plant modifications executed by the maintenance team
- Scope and execute planned and unplanned mechanical maintenance activities
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
To find out more about working at Olympic Dam CLICK HERE
- Minimum Australian recognised trade level qualifications within a mechanical discipline
- Sound computer skills and ideally have exposure to SAP
- Experience in technical fault finding and continuous improvement activities
- Exposure to hazardous area environment would be preferred
- Understanding of Quality Assurance and current WHS legislation
- Previous shift work experience would be preferred
- Proactive people management skills and leadership abilities
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit careers.bhp.com.