- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Opportunity to join Australia’s largest Defence company
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid working, engaging work and aculture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have exciting opportunities for Software Developers within our High Frequency Surveillance (HFS) Export programs.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of international significance whilst growing your skills
- A work/life balance through our flexible working policy including hybrid working, 9 day fortnight, or remote from other states
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values.
Your new role:
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking experiencedSoftware Engineersto join our team, based in Edinburgh South Australia with flexible work arrangements.
As a Software Engineer, you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
Within our HFS Export programs, you’ll work on areas such as UX development, SW design and architecture, calibration, interfacing with HW and signal processing. We have a growing team with the opportunity to constantly learn and carve out your niche in an area that interests you. You’ll have interaction with many other teams and stakeholders, as well as engineers in other disciplines, and have opportunities to travel internationally. We’re a strong team that takes pride in what we do and how we work together, with a lot to offer a software engineer looking to expand their skillset.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Strong understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Strong working knowledge of C/C Programing language (preferably on Linux)
- Experience in object orientated programming
- Development experience with the Qt framework
- Experience as part of an agile/scrum team
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of tools
- Familiarity with Configuration and Change Management principles and tools, such as Git
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
As Defence security clearance is preferred for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2023CircleBackInitiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit:www.baesystemscareers.com.au
To apply for this job please visit careers.au.baesystems.com.