- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a SMP Estimator preferably with an engineering or trade background with both fabrication site and workshop experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications for quoting purposes and develop material take-offs.
- Ability to prepare tender submissions, compilation of cost estimates and basic schedules.
- Possess very strong communication skills both verbal and written to effectively liaise with clients, colleagues, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate and thorough reports, presentations, and proposals.
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to work under pressure.
Further details will be discussed with candidate of interest. We are an inclusive business and pride ourselves on our diversity, diversity of thought, backgrounds, culture, and gender.
Recruitment Agency and Labour Hire companies are not required to fulfil this role at this time.
Alltype Engineering is a multifaceted engineering company providing fabrication and installation services to the Oil & Gas, Water, Power Generation, Infrastructure, Mining, Resources, Utility, Petrochemical and Defence industries, in both the private and public sectors.
Alltype Engineering has been operating since 1985 and our longevity is a result of the capability of our team, our culture, and the ability to collaboratively deliver contracts and projects for our clients whilst maintaining a flexible and innovative approach to finding solutions to challenges.
Due to growth in the business, we are currently seeking to employ experienced SMP Estimators versed in both site and workshop estimating.
- Take receipt of RFQ’s from a client and forward to the tender coordinator, provide go/no go feedback to the Estimating Manager, request bid number and liaise with clients.
- Conducting a Bid kick off meeting which includes the delegation of workload and the setting of bid deadlines.
- Prepare the material take off from tender drawings.
- Source and prepare RFQ’s for material costs and subcontract costs in accordance with the bid requirements.
- Liaise with clients during the tender process to ensure project requirements are being adhered to.
- Prepare tender documentation and tender submissions in a timely manner, inclusive of internal reviews, RDA sign off and approvals.
- Form and maintain strong relationships with clients, internal stakeholders and sub-contractors to achieve the best possible market pricing and market intelligence.
- Estimation of labour hours utilising first principal norms and historic bench marking.
- Undertake job contract/quote review for won jobs and prepare cost allocation breakdown and handover form.
- Ensure all work is performed to the highest standard and adheres to company policies, procedures and to industry regulations.
- Identify market opportunities and market intelligence.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.