We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrician to join our team in Gladstone. Australia’s largest cement plant, the major assets include a 1.7 million tonne per year capacity clinker kiln, a lime kiln, two cement mills and significant material handling equipment including stacking, reclaiming, product packaging, road and rail dispatch and bulk ship-loading.
Reporting to the Electrical Team Leader, you will be responsible for maintaining and running electrical systems in the plant, attending to any site breakdowns whilst working alongside members of our Production and Engineering Teams. This is a shift position on a 12 hour rotating roster working collaboratively within a shift team.
About the role:
- Maintain and run electrical systems in the plant
- Complete routine preventive maintenance tasks
- Attending to breakdowns with a good level of fault-finding skills
- Participate in toolbox meetings and pre-start risk assessments
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Follow OHS standards and procedures
- QLD Electrical Licence
- HV Switching
- Strong maintenance background
- Current CPR / LVR
- High risk and hazardous work licence
- Demonstrated experience using PLC control systems
- Demonstrated experience using variable speed drives
- Demonstrated experience using SAP
- Certificate 3 in Instrumentation (highly regarded)
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Join a positive team environment
- Join Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer
- Opportunity for future development
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.