Title: Senior Project Engineer (Track & Civil)
Perth, WA, AU, 6000
We’re all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, property, rail, building and water projects in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join our Track and Civil team in WA.
This will be a FIFO role from Perth to the Pilabara Region on either an 8 days on, 6 days off or 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster.
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Ad hoc night shift particularly when the track machines are running and periodic weekend work as required.
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme, project budgets and report to the Project Manager
- Mentor and coach direct reports both technically and operationally to support development and effective management of work on site
- Work within the project team to assist with scoping, procurement, cost estimating, budgeting, and completion of works to meet client objectives
- Preparation of both short- and longer-term detailed construction staging, plans and performance targets
- Understand and adhere to the JH & client’s requirements in relation to all Project Plans, OHS requirements, Document Control procedures and QA/ Environment requirements
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative safety, environment, and quality risk assessments to ensure acceptable quality of works and finishes
- Support project tenders by providing innovative problem solving and technical expertise
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications Construction / Engineering Discipline.
- Working rights in Australia.
- Demonstrated engineering experience.
- Previous work in a Rail environment and technical knowledge of track works including turnouts and crossings
- Senior Project Engineer and operational experience.
What’s in it for you when you join John Holland?
We’re about connecting your sense of purpose to ours. We understand that your career is one of the biggest ways to have an impact on the world. We also believe in supporting you as a whole person, not just an employee.
We reward and support our people in so many ways. This starts with being flexible about how different people like to work. From industry-leading leave policies to wellbeing and relationship support, your needs sit at the heart of our employee benefits.
- Competitive remuneration with salary continuance, and salary sacrifice packaging options available.
- Great leave benefits including 18 weeks paid parental leave with superannuation and up to an extra 18 weeks of superannuation paid on further periods of unpaid parental leave, multicultural leave exchange and two additional John Holland Days to prioritise health and wellbeing.
- Career progression underpinned by our exciting pipeline of work means you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic projects that are shaping cities and communities.
- Learning and development opportunities where you’ll have access to emerging talent programs, building your career through clear career pathways, and technical and leadership training and development opportunities.
- Inclusion and diversity is part of how we work and do what we do at John Holland. Our active commitment to being an employer of choice is evident in the delivery of our Gender Equality Strategic Plan supported by our Pride, Celebrate Women, RAP and Grow networks.
- Flexible working that works for you as we know flexibility means different things to different people. Whether it’s flexi-hours, flexi-parenting, flexi-leave, flexi-shifts, flexi-work, we’re committed to helping our people work flexibly.
Job Segment: Construction, Project Engineer, Civil Engineer, Construction Engineer, Document Control, Engineering, Administrative
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnholland.com.au.