Closes: 04 December 2023
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $93,996 – $107,322 plus superannuation
Position No: 63692
Directorate: Suburban Land Agency
Advertised (Gazettal date): 20 November 2023
Contact Officer: Clare Vincent on [email protected] or (02) 6207 7648
Details: The Senior Officer will be responsible for proactively managing the project budgets for smaller, urban renewal projects. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the renewal Canberra’s existing suburbs, as well as an eye for detail and well-developed problem-solving skills.
Working primarily with internal Development Managers this position would suit somebody who is very people focussed and who is a good communicator both in hybrid and in person a hybrid environment.
Experience in management accounting and analysis in a government agency or private sector would be highly regarded, particularly those experienced in project reports and communicating financials to non-financial stakeholders.
The Management Accounting team is embedded within the Finance, Systems & Valuations Branch of the Suburban Land Agency. The team is primarily responsible for the monitoring of development project budgets, for the life of a project, from a pre planning phase, construction, sales, and project close.
The team has 5 members and is responsible for project revenue and expenditure forecasting. Development projects represent the lion’s share of works undertaken by the SLA, and as a part of this team you have a material impact in guiding the agencies overall outcomes.
The Senior officer’s responsibilities may include:
- Manage, monitor, and review revenue, expenditure, and financial performance reporting on small to medium development projects a regular basis.
- Analyse and identify risks, develop associated financial risk mitigation plans, and undertake regular risk reviews for small to medium development projects.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial reports and reviews for the Development managers and other Agency stakeholder.
- Prepare monthly journals, to account for development transactions, and as needed adjustment journals.
- Assist in project procurement and checking though the Oracle P2P system.
- Undertake regular formal reviews of project performance in conjunction with the project teams.
- Mentor, teach and lead junior staff, including interns and other short-term placements within the management accounting team.
- Building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
Eligibility/Other requirements: Tertiary qualification in a related field and Professional membership (or currently working towards) of CPA Australia/CAANZ or comparable bodies highly preferred.
Note: This is a temporary position available immediately for six months.
A Merit Pool will be established from this selection process and will be used to fill vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only. This position will be moving to a new workplace designed for activity-based working (ABW). Under ABW arrangements, officers will not have a designated workstation/desk.
This position is available to ACT Government officers and employees only.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a supporting statement, addressing the Professional/Technical Skills and the Behavioural Capabilities of not more than two A4 pages outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role. A copy of a current curriculum vitae and the contact details of at least two referees are to be provided.
Applications should be sent to the Contact Officer.
This is a temporary position available immediately for six months.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au.