Austroid Corporation, established in 2019 is a privately owned US based global lithium company with established offices and operations in the US, Australia, and Canada. We are focused on development of lithium deposits through exploration, partnerships and acquisitions in Australia and North America and advancing strategy to develop downstream processing and participate in the fast-growing Electric Vehicles and battery supply chain.
With people being at the core of our business, Austroid Corporation is focused on attracting highly skilled individuals with mining experience to join our high performing team, to contribute to the long-term success of the company.
About the projects
The Chaloneau Exploration Project is the company’s main project and is located approximately 125km north of the town of Chibougamau, Quebec, Canada and is accessible year-round by the Route-du-Nord. Made up of 117 claims and covering approximately 57km2, the project surrounds Sayonás Moblan Lithium Project.
Austroid has recently acquired three other projects: the Manicougan Exploration Project covering approximately 436km2, the North Mistassini Exploration Project covering approximately 427km2, and the Mitshisso Exploration Project covering approximately 114km2.
About the role
Due to anticipated growth within our exploration business unit in Montreal, we are seeking expressions of interest from experienced geologists to support the Quebec exploration team in the position of Senior Exploration Geologist.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, your primary responsibility is to assist with the development, management, and implementation of our exploration strategy in Quebec, Canada. You will be responsible for ‘operational’ technical aspects of the exploration activities along with the following:
- Assisting with the development of targeting and ranking strategies
- Developing and implementing exploration programmes
- Ensuring all tenement conditions are met and adhered to
- Ensuring all environmental and heritage approvals are received prior to exploration work commencing
- Ensuring heritage surveys are planned meticulously and conducted before any ground disturbance activities are undertaken
- Ensuring all exploration disturbances are rehabilitated to regulatory requirements
- Ensuring all environmental reporting requirements are met for all exploration activities
- Production of reports as required including geological, completion, expenditure, statutory, project reviews, and summary reports
- Assisting with the production of the monthly exploration report
- Assisting with the reporting and updating of the status of exploration activities through regular discussions and weekly and monthly reports
To be successful in this role, will have prior lithium exploration experience working in remote field environments, in Northern (Canada) Quebec, along with the following:
- Bachelors Degree from a recognised tertiary institution in Geology
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in exploration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in regional generative exploration
- Registered as a Professional Geologist in Quebec
- Advanced user of GIS including QGIS and ArcGIS
- Intermediate user of geological 3D Software (Micromine, Leapfrog, Surpac)
- Background in geochemistry and structural geology
- Demonstrated management and mentoring skills, inclusive of training and retention of people
- Strong organisational management skills with the ability to coach and mentor junior staff
What’s on offer
- A competitive remuneration package and annual bonuses
- A challenging, vibrant work environment with opportunities to progress and grow
- Opportunity to use your customer service orientation skills and positive can-do attitude to contribute to the team.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you feel you have the skills, qualifications, and experience necessary to meet our selection criteria, please submit your application in English by clicking on the apply button below. Please note that only candidates of interest will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.