Want to bring ideas to life?
You’re in the right place. We’ve been a leading design, engineering and advisory company for decades. So why choose Aurecon? It really comes down to one, crucial question: what kind of world do you want to create for the next generation? Truth is, the decisions being made right now will determine the future of everything – from the local community to the sustainability of our clients’ businesses – to the entire planet. One of those decisions is: who do you decide to work for?
How will your ideas contribute to shaping what’s next?
As our new Senior Environmental Approvals Consultant, you’ll work with a team of highly skilled specialists to further drive and expand on the team’s recent successes with major infrastructure, resource, mining and renewable energy projects.
You will be responsible for managing and advising on environmental approvals for key government and corporate clients. If you’re keen to join a team that welcomes your input to working with Commonwealth and State approvals legislation, we encourage you to apply.
Here are the key things you’ll do:
- Use your experience in applying Commonwealth and Western Australian environmental approvals legislation to prepare approvals strategies,
- Have input into preparing fee proposals and tender submissions, assessing and reporting on technical documentation, leading multi-disciplinary project teams, managing sub-consultants, and delivery of projects,
- Interact with internal and external clients, providing sound advice that meets client needs.
How will your future be shaped by us?
Joining Aurecon means you’ll be at the award-winning edge of innovation and sustainability. AFR ranked us Top 5 among sustainability leaders and Top 3 of all innovative companies in professional services. One Consult awarded us an innovative design award. Plus, we were Consult Australia’s large firm of the year.
You really can bring your whole self to work and be confident your voice will be heard. We don’t just claim we’re inclusive and innovative, as proven by the independent awards and accreditations we’ve gained. We’ve been recognised for our innovation culture, gender equality and our LGBTI+ inclusion. Plus, we have a robust Reconciliation Action Plan – our fourth edition since 2014.
On a personal level you’ll have access to flexible work hours, remote work, working holidays, part-time and job share options. When it comes to your development, you’ll be a part of our Advisory Development Academy, and have the option to build your technical mastery in the Aurecon Design Academy which earns you a Graduate Certificate in Design Management from the prestigious RMIT University. Plus, you’ll be supported on every step of your career journey with mentoring, leadership training and our Career Hub. Outside of work, you’ll be further supported with competitive paid parental leave, cultural public holiday swaps, plus wellbeing support programmes.
What are we looking for from you?
You’ll have a genuine passion for re-imagining problems and continuous learning to help shape the future.
We value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life.
Alongside your bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, you’ll also have:
- Proven environmental approvals experience,
- Sound knowledge of Western Australian and Federal environmental approvals legislation,
- Display initiative with the ability to work independently and as a supportive team member,
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently and lead project teams,
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with internal and external clients and decision-makers,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects,
- A commitment to safety and safe work practices, and a willingness to promote Aurecon's health and safety culture.
Think you know Aurecon? You may be surprised.
Aurecon’s strength has always been our people. It’s our people who build our shared purpose and bring ideas to life. It’s our people who imagine and co-create with our clients a better future for people and the planet. Of course, you’ll probably know lots of our award-winning projects. The new Allianz Stadium in Sydney? That was us. Tāmaki Regeneration in Auckland? That was us too. And the Tseung Kwan O Interchange in Hong Kong? You guessed it, us. So, when you join us, you’ll be joining a community working together to tackle some of the world’s most complex challenges.
Ready to bring ideas to life?
Then please apply. Remember, it’s you and how you bring ideas to life which are important. Your background, unique needs and individuality will be valued. Visit our website to learn more at www.aurecongroup.com.
To apply for this job please visit aurecongroup.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.