About the Role:
A fantastic opportunity exists for talented and passionate Senior Clinical Coders at our Clinical Coding Service, Health Information Management Services located in Logan. We are searching for people who are committed to best practice and share our purpose to deliver quality healthcare every day to our community.
The Senior Clinical Coder is responsible for:
- undertaking functions related to coding, grouping and quality to ensure timely and accurate completion of all inpatient coding morbidity data.
- contributing to fostering a team approach to meeting monthly deadlines, education, consistency of coding and improving data quality.
- education of clinicians and less experienced Clinical Coders regarding documentation and coding standard.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds to ensure our hospital reflects the diversity of our community.
- A passion for creating positive change in patient outcomes
- The ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- The capacity to balance workload to ensure timely patient care
What we can offer you:
- We offer a family-friendly work environment that supports you in making the most of Queensland’s laid-back lifestyle.
- We’re a teaching and research hospital with strong relations with Queensland’s leading tertiary institutions. We want to empower you to build a long-term career at Logan Hospital, with countless opportunities to learn and grow, no matter your role.
- You’ll have all the benefits of working for Queensland’s world-class public health system including generous leave entitlements, attractive salary and remuneration packages, salary packaging and access to relevant professional development allowances and/or leave, study and research assistance, corporate discounts and employee wellness programs.
INTEGRITY | COMPASSION | ACCOUNTABILITY | RESPECT | ENGAGEMENT | EXCELLENCE
Our ICARE² valuesunderpin what we care about as a health service, how we treat each other and our commitment to caring for the community. Diversity of ideas, skills, traditions and customs is celebrated as one of our greatest strengths. Having a workforce that reflects and understands the needs and expectations of our community is important to delivering safe, kinder, and more inclusive care.
We recognise our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, abilities, languages, sexual orientation and family responsibilities to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community.
You’ll be joining Logan Hospital at the most exciting time in its 33-year history! We’re the major health centre for the Logan region – one of the fastest growing regions in Queensland with one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the state.
Our community is one of the most diverse in Australia, with 27 per cent of residents born overseas. This brings a diverse range of patients & an opportunity to make a real difference in the community. We provide a broad range of healthcare services from birth through to end-of-life, including medical, surgical, mental health, maternity, paediatrics and rehabilitation.
Now’s the time to join the team at Logan Hospital. With Queensland’s largest ever hospital expansion with a total capital investment of more than half a billion dollars underway, you’ll have all the benefits of working for a big, metropolitan hospital—while being part of a ‘small town’ team that values who you are and what you do.
Logan Hospital, a place of opportunity to make a difference and grow your career!
To apply for this job please visit smartjobs.qld.gov.au.