A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to control and regulate building construction activities within the Bega Valley Shire.
As the Senior Building Surveyor, you will evaluate and determine construction, complying development and occupation certificates as well as undertake inspections on swimming pools, plumbing and draining and on-site sewerage management systems. You will provide technical advice to relevant stakeholders and also be responsible for investigating complaints and researching breaches of regulations, codes and standards to determine appropriate action.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
We are seeking an individual who holds a Tertiary or Diploma qualification to achieve registration with NSW Fair Training as a Building Surveyor (restricted all classes of buildings accreditation) and has a minimum of four (4) years experience.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge of environmental control.
- Sound knowledge of health and building surveying.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office software and the NSW Planning Portal.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Remuneration package range for this position is $103,364.97 to $119,665.10 gross per annum comprising of:
- $1,790.80 to $2,073.20 per week base salary.
- $196.99 to $228.05 per week superannuation (calculated at 11%).
Additional benefits for this position include:
- Leaseback vehicle.
- Relocation expenses may be available for the right candidate.
- Rostered day off scheme (one per month).
- Annual Award salary increases and performance reviews.
- Salary packaging program (SmartSalary).
- Wellbeing Initiatives – Employee Assistance Program, LifeWorks App, social club, health monitoring and annual flu vaccinations.
For further information on this position, please contact Rod Hicks – Building Certification Coordinator on 02 6499 2149.
Applications for this position will remain open to meet the operational needs of Council. For this reason, there is no set closing date for the advertising period. We will endeavour to assess each application within 28 days of submission and notify applicants of the outcome. Where the position vacancy is filled, the position advertisement may be closed without notice.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.