School Based Apprenticeship – Cert III in Commercial Cookery
South Lake Early Learning Centre is a community based, not for profit organisation that has been servicing families in the South Lake community for the past 30 years.
They provide Early Education and Care for children 0-5yr olds; before and after school care from Kindy age onwards. Our service is currently licensed for 69 children at Long Day Care (LDC) and 39 children at Out of School Hours Care (OSHC), providing a high quality & educational environment that promotes children’s well-being and development.
They are currently looking for a School-Based Apprentice as a Chef Apprentice to join their team.
Typical work placement would include:
Basic duties and responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Assisting with the meal preparations
- Cleaning and organizing kitchen and equipment, in adherence to hygiene and safety regulations
- Food Safety and Work Health Safety
- Following recipes and cooking various menu items, based on dietary requirements
- Other duties as required
- Great attitude and outlook towards work
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Taking a great pride of their work
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, work environment
- A genuine interest and passion for cooking. Must love working in the kitchen
- Ability to work well in a team environment
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, hit APPLY and please upload an up-to-date Resume.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship, you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.
All initial communication will be with Apprenticeship Support Australia
A school-based traineeship combines paid work, school and completing a nationally recognised qualification (Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (Chef)) that gains credit towards your WACE.
To apply for this job please visit www.skilledjobswa.com.