Your new company
Our client is one of Melbourne’s premier builders, who have a highly diverse portfolio across both detached and medium density projects. As a result of consistent growth and diversification over recent years an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales / BOQ Estimator to join their team of professionals.
Your new role
As the successful candidate this diverse role will consist of duties including
- Prepare and document accurate Bill of Quantities (BOQ’s) for new standard master drawings designs.
- Maintain current master BOQ’s in the system to ensure they are up-to-date.
- Maintain variation price book pricing as required. Including consistent variation wording.
- Monthly analysis of Extra to Order (ETO’s) that relate to BOQ errors. Update BOQ’s and affected department teams as required.
- Prepare high level sales costing on new master designs as required.
- Provide accurate pricing for contracts and variations including appropriate mark-up considerations.
- Liaising with and managing sales variation enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Obtain relevant quotes and pricing for non-standard variations.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this opportunity it will be expected that you will ideally have
- Proven practical experience in Sales & BOQ estimating functions. Similar role in major builder highly regarded
- Appreciation of Detached Housing, medium density, and project-based construction
- Strong software knowledge of Databuild & ClickHome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders (suppliers, trades)
What you’ll get in return
In return for your experience and skills, you will get the opportunity to join a progressive builder who has a clear focus and growth path, both for the organisation and its valued employees. A competitive salary is on offer and also the chance to be an integral member of a high-performing team.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Daniel Tomasetti now on 8562 4206.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit m.hays.com.au.