Safety and Wellbeing Partner
Apply now Job no: 495228
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Knox Civic Centre
Categories: HR, OHS, L&D
Your new role
The Safety and Wellbeing Partner will support the effective management of a range of day to day operational safety and wellbeing matters ensuring services deliver maximum value to our internal customers and the organisation as a whole.
You will provide specialist advice and support on a broad range of safety matters including risk assessments, incident reporting and investigations, managing the S&W inbox and responding to queries from employees, volunteers and contractors.
This role will also contribute to our transformation journey, by supporting, and implementing ongoing improvements to our processes and practices that help drive simple and consistent ways of working.
This is a full time permanent role based at Knox Civic Centre however we can offer a range of flexible work options for the right candidate.
This is a Band 6 classified role, remuneration will be $92,933 – $101,496 (depending on experience) plus superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee.
What you will need to thrive
The key selection criteria for this role are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to prepare high quality reports, relevant documentation and training sessions to all levels of staff related to safety and wellbeing.
- Proven competency in the provision of expert advice, excellent customer service and administrative functions of collaborative case management.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing contractor safety management programs.
- Demonstrated ability to assess safety documentation, identify shortfalls and provide recommendations for improvement
- Ability to influence and drive change through S&W initiatives and programs.
- Experience in understanding and applying OHS legislation and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience in document control with experience in compiling metrics and reports.
- Computing skills in Microsoft Office packages.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and an engaging manner with the ability to influence and gain assistance from others.
How to apply
Please provide a resume and brief cover letter addressing the ‘what you need to thrive’ section from the position description to outline how your experience and skills relate to the role.
For further information on this role please contact Nigel Vandergert at [email protected].
To view a copy of the position description please visit our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Apply by: 5:00pm 28/11/2023
At Knox, making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by empowering our community inside and out to thrive and prosper through living our values. We support hybrid and flexible working and embrace diverse and inclusive environments. We succeed by recruiting for excellence through investing in our people, encouraging their unique talents and supporting them to bring their whole selves to work.
We believe in our people and provide a supportive, driven and inclusive culture we are proud of, that focuses on wellbeing.
Beyond that, we also offer:
- accrued days off for full time employees;
- growth and learning opportunities;
- career development;
- reward and recognition programs; and,
- a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
As an employee (in accordance with Knox City Council’s Covid-19 Vaccination Policy) you may be required to provide evidence that you are compliant with the vaccination requirements prior to commencement. It is highly recommended that all Council staff are vaccinated.
To view the inherent requirements for this position please see attachment below.
Knox Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring a Child Safe environment that is committed to providing a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Knox City Council has zero tolerance for child abuse and all forms of harm to children. All children and young people who access our services, programs, events and facilities have the right to feel safe and be safe. This includes spaces owned or managed by Council. We take the wellbeing and safety of children and young people in our care seriously. We maintain a child safe organisation by embedding the protection of children into everyday thinking and practice. All Knox City Council employees, contractors and volunteers are responsible for ensuring children and young people are valued, heard and protected from abuse.
Knox City Council acknowledges our offices are located on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung and Bunurong people of the Kulin Nation.
Advertised: 20 Nov 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Nov 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.