The purpose of this Roof Plumbing Apprenticeship in Toowoomba is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Roof Plumbers are responsible for installing and maintaining the roofs on buildings. They may be involved in all aspects of this process, from removing old roofing materials to installing new shingles or other materials.
As a Roof Plumbing apprentice you will develop a strong understanding of building construction and design so that you can properly install and seal the roofing material into place.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– inspecting roofs for damage or defects such as leaks or insect infestation
– installing roofing materials such as shingles, metal sheets, tiles, or shiplap boards
– installing gutters and downspouts to keep rainwater from leaking into the roof structure
– repairing roof damage caused by storms or other natural disasters
– installing skylights, chimneys, vents, fans, and other components of ventilation systems in roofs
– maintaining and repairing existing roofs to ensure they are structurally sound
– installing ins
– A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
– The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
– The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
– The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
– The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
– The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
– Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Roof Plumbing Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
– Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
– Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
– Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
– Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
– Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
To apply for this job please visit apply.goldenwest.org.au.