Closes: 20 July 2024
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $72,698 – $97,112 plus superannuation
Position No: 24556, several – 02BCB
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 22 June 2023
Contact Officer: Julie Allen on [email protected] or (02) 5124 3753
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is undergoing massive growth, and we want you to be a part of our team! Work with the latest technology and facilities, with the new Critical Services Building due for completion in 2024.
Canberra Hospital Emergency Department is the major tertiary, trauma and referral centre for the ACT and surrounding regions. Our ED provides care for adults and children of all ages, and specialised assessment and treatment for all illnesses and injuries. A dynamic and highly skilled team that aims for excellence in care.
Successful candidates will be provided ongoing education and training opportunities. You will be part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team that will work with you to expand and develop your clinical skills to care for patient with a wide range of needs.
City Living without the hustle and bustle, Canberra is one of Australia’s best kept secrets. Imagine yourself in a city where things are just easier. Where there’s always plenty to do and the time to enjoy it! Click Lifestyle | Canberra to find out more about why you should live and work in Canberra.
What can we offer you:
- Competitive pay rates
- Excellent working conditions within a tertiary teaching hospital
- Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions
- We will work with you to support optimal work life balance
- 11.5% Superannuation
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates subject to the hiring managers approval
- Discounted gym memberships
- Scholarships for education support
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
CHS Division of Medicine provides a range of medical specialties and allied health services. A strong emphasis is placed across all sections on accessible and timely care, delivered to a high standard of safety and quality. This is underpinned by the Division’s commitment to research and training. The Division works in partnership with professional colleagues, consumers, and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
Canberra Hospital’s Emergency Department (ED) is the major tertiary, referral and trauma centre for the ACT and surrounding region. More than 85,000 patients are seen each year, and our ED provides care for adults and children of all ages, and specialised assessment and treatment for all illnesses and injuries. A dynamic and highly skilled team that aims for excellence in care.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs.
- High level leadership skills.
- High level communication skills and the ability to critically think.
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- The successful applicant will need to be available for weekend and after-hours work.
- CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening, and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Note: These are temporary positions for six to 12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
These are temporary positions for six to 12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au.