Digital Health and Business Solutions is part of the Delivery Services Branch, delivering large scale complex ICT projects to enabling the clinical digital health capability across the state. This includes rolling out the integrated electronic Medical Record (ieMR) across state-wide major hospitals and undertaking enhancements to the ieMR solution; implementing the Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) and the delivery of the Infrastructure Maintenance Program (IMP) which is uplifting digital hospital ICT infrastructure. In addition, DHBS also delivery projects to establish, rollout or enhance of other important clinical and non-clinical business systems.
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic, fast paced and agile project team? Do you want to make a real difference by laying the foundations; and building clinical care capability that will provide digital healthcare solutions in the home and at the bedside, both now and in the future?
Driven by a desire to improve healthcare outcomes, you will have vision and motivation and will be able to use exceptional communication skills to provide strategic advice and direction to both your team and external stakeholders.
Are you right for this role?
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated program management skills and experience through all phases of the life cycle, with a proven record of achieving successful and effective program outcomes that are aligned with organisational objectives within a large, complex and distributed service delivery organisation.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and nurture multiple multi-disciplinary project teams, and demonstrated experience in managing a major program budget in the development of successful enterprise solutions, that are responsive to customer needs and sustainable in a large, complex organisational environment, preferably in health care.
- Demonstrated superior negotiation, consultation, facilitation and written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to develop effective working and strategic relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of senior internal and external stakeholders in an overall environment of change and evolution.
- Sound knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of Queensland Health’s IM/ICT strategies, architectures, formal project management approach and formal reporting framework and their impact on health service delivery in Queensland.
About Delivery Service Branch – eHealth Queensland:
eHealth Queensland is one of the largest Information Communication Technology operations in the state. It is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of information systems and technologies so that Queensland Health employees and health providers have access to information that supports the delivery of health care.
The core function of the branch is to ensure successful delivery of major IT projects and initiatives to our customers across Queensland Health for the benefit of all Queenslanders. This function is critical to eHealth Queensland realising its overall vision, which is to ‘advance healthcare through digital innovation’.
As a key part of our professional project delivery team, each branch team member puts the customer at the centre of everything they do and to actively seek out solutions that will help eHealth Queensland deliver on its targets.
Benefits of working with eHealth Queensland:
By joining eHealth Queensland, you will work within a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success.
You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity submit your CV or resume and a short statement (maximum 2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role.
To apply for this job please visit smartjobs.qld.gov.au.