We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
As part of Thales Australia, Australian Munitions is the largest supplier of explosive ordnance to the Australian Defence Force, with a successful track record delivering ammunition, propellants, explosives and related services including acid production and industrial waste treatment to Defence and commercial markets. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team, working across rostered 12 hour shifts which range from morning, afternoon and night shifts.
As a production operator you are required to perform a range of routine and repetitive manual tasks involving the handling of chemicals and raw materials in the manufacture of propellants and explosives.
Reporting to the Team Leader, a few of the responsibilities include but not limited to:
- General manual handling; pushing trolleys, and carrying raw material
- Operation of pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Filing containers by hand or shovel
- Splitting tablets of raw material
- Comply with operating procedures and Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental frameworks
How About You?
- Be capable of working shift work
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Lifting without restriction of weights up to 30kg
- The tasks are routine and repetitive requiring a person to physically lift, push, pull and / or reach frequently when preforming routine and manual tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Be safety conscious and capable of adhering to standard operating procedures
You will need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit thales.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.