We are seeking an experienced Production Manager to lead the production operations at our Railton Plant. You will be responsible for leading the production team that includes a mix of Engineers, Graduates, Coordinators and Process Operators. We are looking for a proven people leader, with a strong consideration to safety, health, environment and community.
Reporting to the Railton Operations Manager, the role forms part of the senior leadership team and contributes to the strategic and operational outcomes for the integrated site. The role has many dimensions with responsibility for production of clinker and cement, raw materials movements, rail and trucking logistics, and shipping. With many moving parts, your ability to quickly solve problems, communicate with stakeholders and engage your team will all contribute to you making a difference in this exciting and demanding position.
Your technical knowledge and capability will be highly valued, and you will have the opportunity to learn our broad range of equipment and processes, making this an excellent career opportunity for someone looking to have a strong influence on the future successes of this stable operation.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- Lead, recruit and develop the people resources of the Production teams
- Provide visible safety and environmental leadership. Coordinate resources to identify and control risks and hazards
- Maintain deep understanding of production fixed cost drivers, and strategies to maximise the value proposition
- Manage the production planning process to ensure product demand is met and critical maintenance windows are scheduled
- Deliver the Alternative Fuels and Raw Materials program in liaison with Geocycle and provide leadership in exploring new opportunities and markets
- Actively participate in the development of strategic plans for the Railton site
- Lead in the identification and implementation of key Capex projects
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement by challenging the status quo and generating ideas to improve plant, process and people performance
- Accountable for the development and delivery of production operational budget/forecasting including operational energy programs
- Manage the production planning function ensuring volumes are delivered to plan, scheduled despatching and accurate stock reconciliation
- Previous experience as a Production Manager, or in a similar role
- Trade or Degree background (either/or)
- Minimum 5 years experience in a people leadership role
- Cement experience is highly advantageous, as is demonstrated knowledge of cement kiln process technology
- An appetite to learn our industry if not already familiar with cement manufacturing
- Previous exposure to industrial relations; with a clear understanding on enterprise agreements and exposure to participation in negotiations
- Demonstrated commitment and focus on safety and environment
- An aptitude for success in budget and cost management
- A passion and talent for coaching, mentoring and developing a high performing team
- Well developed forward planning, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to live within the local Tasmanian region
Why work for Cement Australia?
Stable, long term operations in key regional location
Join us as a key member of the Railton site leadership team
Lead a team with great technical knowledge and capability
Mix of strategic, long term work and daily operations
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.