Procure to Pay Officer
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent – Full Time
- Accounting / Finance
Remuneration/Benefit: Competitive salary range plus generous employee benefits
About the role: Reporting to the Team Leader – Transactional Finance, this busy hands-on Accounts Payable/Procurement support role will see you building strong rapport with key internal stakeholders as well as our vendors whilst delivering in the following areas:
- Provision of procurement administrative support to all employees within and outside Inbound Supply and Procurement, by owning and following up with the issues or requests logged by users.
- Perform necessary steps within the procure to pay process to ensure vendor costs and invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner. Such steps relating to vendor invoices may include coding of purchase orders, receipting, problem solving matters within the three-way match process.
- Vendor account reconciliations as necessary.
- Professional management of enquiries to various stakeholders with good communication and documentation skills.
- Management of general supplier enquiries and field to relevant Category Leads to action.
- Continuous provision of status updates on issues and requests logged by users.
- Ensuring requests and solutions are documented in the knowledge base and shared where relevant with stakeholders.
- Provision of feedback or suggestions by stakeholders to Category Leads and Advisors.
- Proactive identification and suggestion of possible improvements on processes or systems especially with repeatable issues.
- Monitoring and follow up to ensure compliance with Aurizon policies and corporate principles.
- Updating the Inbound Supply and Procurement SharePoint site for internal and external customers.
- strong knowledge and understanding of Accounts Payable and Procurement policy and principles
- Substantial knowledge of processed and procedures relating to procurement and accounts payable in SAP is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication and the ability to strongly connect with the key stakeholders
- Substantial level of level of interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Competent in the use of MS Office suite, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a proactive and effective team member and build relationships for results
- Ability to comfortably manage the complexity of multiple competing priorities and operational demands
What we offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer long-term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Access to mentoring and development programs.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands.
- Parental leave program and super booster.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we deliver more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities right across the country. Aurizon is crucial to the Australian economy, connecting miners, primary producers and industry with international and domestic markets.
Look to Aurizon for a diverse and collaborative culture.
At Aurizon, we are proud of our diverse, collaborative, creative and high-performance culture. We celebrate the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic, caring, and inclusive work environment.
To learn about us and our company values, please visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Advertised: 21 Nov 2023 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: 05 Dec 2023 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.