Karara Mining Limited (KML) is a joint venture between Gindalbie Metals Limited and AnSteel, one of the largest iron ore producers and steel makers in China. Located 200km south-east of Geraldton, Western Australia, Karara is the largest mining operation and the first major magnetite mine in the Mid-West. It produces a premium, high-grade concentrate product for export to steelmakers.
With an expected mine life of 30 years, it will underpin a long-term iron ore business and provide sustainable benefits to the regional community in which we operate. The operation includes a large open pit mine, complex ore processing and beneficiation plant and significant infrastructure and logistics networks.
We are seeking capable Process Operators to join our expanding Processing teams based at the Karara Mine Site.
This role requires certain physical demands and exposure to challenging environments that involve lifting, pushing, pulling, work at heights and others exertions associated with manual roles as well as a strong commitment to safety while working in an operational mine site environment.
Offered as a permanent full time position on an 8 days on 6 days off 7 nights on 7 days off roster, FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton.
Key responsibilities and duties;
- Support concentrate production to meet the required grade and moisture specification in line with Karara standards
- Ensure the Concentrator is safely commissioned and operated to deliver on specification concentrate in line with Karara policies, procedures, plans, goals and strategies
- Maintain effective communication lines with other Processing department personnel, ensuring they remain informed and engaged
- Work effectively autonomously and as part of a team, remaining accountable for work tasks
- Safely operate the plant by controlling, monitoring, adjusting, fixing, recording, cleaning and improving all sections of the concentrator including;
- Stockpiling and reclaim
- Primary and Secondary crushing circuits
- High Pressure Grinding rolls (HPGR)
- Magnetic Separation
- Ball mills (primary grinding)
- Tower mills (fine grinding)
- Plate press Filtration
- Ensure full compliance with all safety and environmental requirements
- Work effectively with other departments including; Metallurgy, Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance and Mining
- Manage daily individual reporting to ensure completion in a timely manner
Essential Experience, Licenses & Tickets;
- WA “C” Class Drivers Licence
- Forklift, Overhead gantry crane, Confined space entry/gas testing, Working at heights, Skid steer, Excavator Tickets
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and fault finding skills
- Proven ability working in a mining or other heavy industry environment
- Strong understanding of mineral processing
- Experience with filtration, magnetic separation and flotation in a mining or other heavy industry environment would be advantageous
- National Police Clearance
- Must have Australian Citizenship or hold a valid visa with permission to work
The Karara lifestyle
Being only a short commute (45 minutes) from Perth to our purpose-built airstrip at Karara. Our Family friendly rosters provide the opportunity for you to spend more time at home and less time travelling. The mid-west offers a more temperate climate than other iron ore mining regions in the Pilbara region. The Karara village offers high quality amenities with Permanent ensuited rooms for our employees, Weekly department BBQs, 1Gbps Internet
To apply for this job please visit karara.applynow.net.au.