Fortescue is both a proud West Australian company and a global green solutions business. We are recognised for our culture, innovation and industry-leading development of infrastructure, mining assets and green energy initiatives.
Work Location: Perth – Fortescue’s Perth office is located on the traditional lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. Transforming to a site-based role in 12 months’ time
Roster: Monday to Friday (changing to 8D/6R – FIFO ex Perth)
Fortescue has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join the Strategic Planning Process team. The role is responsible for providing technical support for all phases of project evaluation studies through ore body definition, test work and process plant design, pilot plant operation, testwork planning and evaluation, working closely with Engineering and Projects teams.
- Support studies through process plant flowsheet development and evaluation
- Develop and manage testwork programs to progress project evaluation
- Deliver modelling requirements and to develop mass balances and Process Design Criteria
- Work closely with Metallurgy and Mine Planning teams to improve ore body knowledge and regression predictions
- Generate process related deliverables and documentation for modelling, test work and project evaluation and delivery
- Engage OEM vendors for equipment details and new technologies
- Ensure correct application of Health & Safety standards
- Ensure correct site sampling, labelling and preparation
- Engage laboratories to process samples
- Data capture and interpretation of test results
- Commission and operate pilot plants
- Oversee technical quality, integrity and adequacy of designs
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum 2 years in mineral processing industry with technical development experience (operator or EPCM)
- Process engineering experience on major mineral processing projects working on materials handling, crushing, screening and wet physical beneficiation process plant
- Demonstrated experience in phases of mining project studies and development
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus with practical alignment to reality
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continual improvement focus
- Demonstrate experience with pilot plant operation and evaluation
Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Internal Candidates / Current Contractors please apply via Success Factors Careers Portal. For further information on how to apply please visit the Fortescue Hub.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified. Fortescue will never contact you to ask for payment of any kind, whether directly or through a third party.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fortescue.com.