$70,647 per annum super benefits allowances
Permanent, Full Time
Water Services, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia’s best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About the Opportunity
Your role as a Plumber in our Reticulation Team will involve applying high precision trade skills to perform new works, maintenance and repair work to Water Services facilities and reticulation infrastructure and Council’s buildings.
In this role, you will operate, maintain and construct works associated with Water Services’ infrastructure, treatment facilities, sewage collection, water distribution systems and other Council facilities, including (but not limited to) all network and network related assets, including water property services and sewer connect points, confined space entry and live sewer work, CCTV and condition assessment of pipeline assets.
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration package with options for salary sacrifice and 17.5% leave loading
- Work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight roster
- Uniform and PPE supplied
- Access for you and your family to Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supportive team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
- Current Queensland Plumbers Licence or Plumbers/Drainers Licence (mandatory)
- Current class ‘MR’ drivers licence or willing to obtain
- Construction Induction (White/Blue Card)
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Proven proficiency in operating both medium and heavy mechanical equipment used in Water Services construction and maintenance activities
- Ability to obtain various tickets, including confined space, working at heights, Traffic Management Implementation, chemical, electrical, and asbestos awareness
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Good computer skills, including the use of computers and industry software
- Water Industry training relevant to construction and maintenance activities in Water Services will be highly regarded
- Willing to participate in an on-call roster
- Live and uphold the Council’s values
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community’s rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which includes drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 10 December 2023, 11.30 pm AEST
This advertisement will close either when a successful applicant is identified or on 10 December 2023, whichever is sooner.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements may not be shortlisted.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.