The purpose of this Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship in Toowoomba is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Painters apply paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays for a clean and professional application. They also hang wallpaper, matching patterns and trimming edges.
Work is indoors or outdoors at residential and commercial buildings.
This role is suitable for those with an interest in building and construction. Good attention to detail and customer service skills are important.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– constructing scaffolding and ladders and place drop sheets to prevent paint splatter
– removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks and sealing surfaces
– mixing paints to required colours
– cleaning equipment and work areas
– may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
– laying and repairing wall and floor tiles
– applying paint and decorative paint finishes
– working with customers on colour selection and styles.
– A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
– The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
– The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
– The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
– The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
– The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
– Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
– Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
– Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
– Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
– Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
– Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
To apply for this job please visit apply.goldenwest.org.au.