Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again, or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming a Mobile Plant Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a trade qualified Mobile Plant Mechanic and earn your AUR31220 Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
You will be trained to repair, service and maintain a wide variety of heavy earth moving equipment as well as doing new builds, moving the machinery around washing and detailing them. You will get the chance to work with experienced tradespeople who are passionate about what they do.
Your host is an outstanding industrial service organisation that provides sales, hire and service to the construction, mining and engineering trade sectors throughout Australia and is based in South Granville, Western Sydney.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for a MIGAS annual MiScholarship award, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
You will be a team player who has a mechanical aptitude, good problem-solving skills, and the ability to use your initiative and ask questions of the experienced people around you.
Ideally you will have either completed a relevant Certificate II or have some experience working on vehicles whether as a hobby or in a workshop environment, but the most important aspect is the desire to work in the industry and get a qualification.
Our client is also happy to look at 2nd or 3rd year mobile plant apprentices who want to complete their apprenticeship.
- Team player
- Driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
- Good safety awareness
- Ability to pass a Medical and Drug and Alcohol Test
- COVID-19 double vaccination
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Mobile Plant Mechanic Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website to check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.migas.com.au.