We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join Flyash Australia (FAA), a joint venture company equally owned by Boral and Cement Australia. FAA’s core business involves the collection, processing, storage and distribution of quality fly ash products, principally from leading electricity generation sites.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will support the Team Leader and work to drive productivity and quality targets across FAA. Based out of the Eraring operations, you will travel to Bayswater (NSW) and Mt Piper (NSW) as required.
The Mechanical Fitter will assist in planning maintenance but will spend a greater proportion of time executing maintenance. Your interest in understanding the production process will be put to good use as you contribute to the continuous improvement approach of the business and help optimise maintenance strategies.
This role provides an opportunity for growth in a unique environment where autonomy and personal drive is valued.
About the role:
As a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter you will:
- Work within all known site safety and environmental procedures, contributing to a positive safety culture
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance activities
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate housekeeping during and on completion of maintenance tasks
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Organise, order and maintain spare part stock levels
- Ensure FAA standards and procedures are followed
- Mechanical Fitter trade qualification
- 5 years’ experience in an operations or production environment with proven fault finding skills
- A strong focus on safety and compliance
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn, an inquisitive nature and the drive to tackle any challenge that comes your way
- Strong team orientation and a desire for working in an innovative team environment that encourages new ideas
- Comfortable working at heights (up to 40 meters) and in confined spaces when required.
- Ability and willingness to be on call outside of regular work hours
- Good computer skills
- Forklift and Elevated Work Platform License preferred.
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Wide variety of tasks
- Engaged, collaborative and suportive team
- Fast paced role in an environment where safety is a priority
- Be empowered to take ownership of your role
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.