APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We are seeking expressions of interest from skilled Power System Performance & Connections Managers interested in joining our Electricity Transmission team.
You will lead a System Planning and Connections team to deliver system performance assessments and ensure grid connections are achieved.
- Identify, build and develop team talent and capability
- Oversee the delivery of system performance monitoring, recording and analysis
- Manage the collecting the appropriate system data and the analysis of this data
- Manage the Generator and load Connection process and assessment
- Provide guidance, troubleshooting and technical support to proponents regarding grid modelling studies performed by third parties for Generator and load customer connections
- Collaboration with the proponents design teams to provide guidance for preparation of key design items affecting grid connections, including voltage control strategy, plant performance curves etc,
- Manage stakeholders to ensure grid connections are achieved
- Tertiary qualification in electricity engineering or in a relevant field
- Registered or Certified Professional Engineer (RPEng or CPEng and/or Engineering degree in Electrical or Power Systems)
- Proven success in managing and leading a team of professionals and management of a functional/team budget with strong leadership impact
- Experience in NEM grid Generator and load connection
- Management of generator control system and power systems assessment modelling teams.
- Experience in negotiation with major stakeholders, such as clients, consultants, contractors and authorities
About the Team
The Electricity Transmission team will be an integrated part of APA’s business, aligned to our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, and supporting the delivery of safe, reliable, affordable, and low emissions energy. Electrification is critical to decarbonise our energy system and our strategy is to be the partner of choice as an owner and operator of electricity transmission assets, including generator connection assets.
Consistent with our vision, Electricity Transmission is committed to playing a leading role in developing the energy solutions of tomorrow, by being the partner of choice for energy infrastructure for customers and communities.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all genders and Indigenous people. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace – one in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus.
We are a values-driven organization and our culture is built on our core behaviours; we are Courageous, Accountable, Nimble, Collaborative and Impactful. We are committed to achieving diversity of thought by providing a safe and inclusive environment where employees thrive, both in the now and the future.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Friday 31st March 2023. Role Reference number 3877.
PD is available on request by emailing [email protected] quoting reference number above
To apply for this job please visit emnk.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com.