Maintenance Supervisor (Mining)
We have an opportunity for a skilled and experienced Maintenance Supervisor (Mining) to join our team based at the Jacinth Ambrosia site in South Australia. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the successful person will have responsibilities of supervising the running of the maintenance workshop on an 8:6 roster, back-to-back. The role oversees a range of trades working 24/7 in a fast-paced mining environment.
Responsible for managing and coordinating maintenance activities in the workshop and in field for shift crews. This includes coordinating different workshop trades (HD Mechanics / Auto Electricians/ BMW / Planner & Stores), planning and delivering on preventative maintenance, breakdown maintenance and large-scale project maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner. Additionally, responsible for liaising with personnel from mining to ensure seamless handovers of activities and a clear understanding of equipment condition.
- Leading a strong safety culture within the skilled maintenance team
- Effectively managing resources to ensure maximum equipment availability.
- Driving maintenance / workshop efficiencies
- Delivering effective leadership and supervision through engagement, guidance, support and feedback to teams and individuals
- Delivering and adhering to the planned rollout of project activities
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance supervisor experience working in the Mining and Resource Industry.
- Effective planning ability, time management and prioritization skills
- Current C class drivers licence
- Ability to work under pressure
- Applicants must be able to pass fitness for work testing
- Good report writing skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and preventative maintenance software
- A good communicator with a can do attitude
- FIFO from Adelaide or FIFO / DIDO from Ceduna,
- 8:6 roster working day shift only – Nominally 12-hour shifts
- Permanent room allocation
- Great camp with meals, gym, pools, sporting facilities and planned activities
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment medical
- Successful applicants must be able to be fit to work in remote locations, in various conditions
Complete internal transfer request or contact your supervisor or HR
To apply for this job please visit www.piacentini.com.au.