Our vision is to lead the circular economy through packaging, reuse and recycling solutions. It’s a future-driven group commitment, designed to create lasting value.
As a global leader in circular and sustainable packaging solutions, we’ve committed to lead the circular economy through a $500 million investment plan.
For us, it’s about finding new and better ways of doing things. Ways to grow business, to give back to the environment and to enrich people’s lives every day.
Our promise is to create a better and more prosperous world all round.
That’s our future Pact. Let’s lead the way together.
Pact’s Contract Manufacturing division manufactures across, laundry, household cleaning, car care, pest control, edible oils, air care and pet cleaning categories.
Our uniquely flexible and purpose-built facilities utilise the latest blending, granulating and packaging technologies, allowing us to maintain the fastest project completion times in the industry.
Our extensive and proactive research and development capabilities together with our substantial investment in technology and innovation mean we can provide lower manufacturing costs and get our customer’s products on supermarket shelves faster than our competitors.
Working at our Smithfield site, the Engineering Supervisor is a critical hands-on and leadership role responsible for the operation and maintenance of all industrial plant and equipment, installations design and upgrade changes.
The key focus of this role is to support Safety, Quality, Production, Continuous Improvement through condition and TPM functions that underpin OEE improvement, inclusive of contractor management, participation and lead where required in project management improvement projects.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the team with regular participation in hazard ID and WHSE campaigns that actively drive a culture of behavioural safety.
- Schedule, supervise and progress the condition and pm maintenance practices and schedules to efficiently support the production line equipment and supporting services of the manufacturing process to minimise production downtime.
- Coordinate the requirements for new equipment designs, surveys and maintenance schedules to applicable Australian Standards
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Co-ordinate all contractor support, services and maintenance activity inclusive of cost and quote establishment, induction completion, JSEA completion and other risk assessments
- Lead discussion and implementation on engineering design upgrade improvements
- Maintain and manage MEX system
- Actively take part Continuous Improvements and Standardisation workshops
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance and services
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Carry out systemic audits on equipment and facility and services Check to ensure functionality and compliance
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities on site
- Allocate workload and supervise team
- Play an active part in highlighting areas for reducing production costs such as waste, setup time etc.
- Monitor equipment inventory and critical spares
- Raise POs in SPA as required
- Ensure safety instrumented systems are tested and maintained to ensure their reliability.
- Identify and understand the major process hazards within the site ensuring proper controls are in place.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Developed your experience in a Maintenance team leadership role within a 24/7 manufacturing environment with significant automation
- Understanding of OEE, Root Cause Analysis and TPM operations
- Solid working/functional knowledge of SAP system
- Solid working knowledge of MEX CMMS maintenance operating system or similar
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mechatronics / Automation or extensive recent experience in this area
- Electrical qualifications well regarded
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.