Job no: 599214
Work type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Coromandel, Thames
Categories: Trades & Maintenance
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits at www.people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kowhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for two experienced electrical Line mechanics to join team based in Coromandel. In the role, you will work on construction and maintenance replacement projects of network equipment and installations. You will work to establish stakeholder relationships, identify and implement risk control measures and complete other tasks within the team as required.
These are permanent full-time roles offering $33.00-39.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications. The standard hours of work are 40 hours per week, however you will be required to join the afterhours standby roster.
Nga pukenga matua | Important Skills
It is essential that you are an experienced Line Mechanic with knowledge of the power industry and can offer:
- Relevant Electrical Registration and current Practicing licence or meet the minimum requirements to obtain this if successful in employment. Please search here for further details: https://www.ewrb.govt.nz/becoming-an-electrical-worker/registering-with-overseas-qualifications-experience/before-you-apply/
- NZQA Level 4 Qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience including high voltage and overhead work is desirable.
- Current Class 1 full NZ Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle, or meet the minimum requirements to obtain this, and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence.
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
As a highly skilled linesman in the power distribution field your previous experience will demonstrate your technical ability with a broad range of work, a commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results. You’ll also be a strong communicator and a positive team member also able to work alone. You will hold Health & Safety in the highest regard.
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 599214.
- We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone – all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team
Advertised: 28 Aug 2023 New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 New Zealand Daylight Time
Refer a friend
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com.