- Leading Global Organisation
- Training and Development provided with advancement opportunities
- Competitive Remuneration & Benefits
About the company
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR WORK IN A FIFO CAPACITY WITH LABORATORY EXPERIENCE TO APPLY.
INTERTEK HAS A VARIETY OF FIFO LABORATORY TECHNICIAN AND FIFO SAMPLE PREPARER POSITIONS AVAILABE ACROSS MUTIPLE SITES IN WA.
Rosters consist of 12 hour shifts, both day and night, on 8 days on, 6 days off roster OR 14 days on, 14 days off roster.
About the role
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing the highest quality service to clients. Complete work in a timely manner by following the priorities set, this includes but is not limited to collection of samples, sample preparation, laboratory and instrumentation duties. The position is a fly in fly out position to be based in the Pilbara.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed in accordance with Site, State and local guidelines
- Maintain quality services to our client in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform sample preparation, operation of PAL, digestion, wet chemistry and the analysis of processing and mining samples on a daily basis, ensuring key turnaround times and quality guidelines are always met.
- Prepare mineral samples for XRF analysis and operate XRF manual and automated instrumentation (including weighing of flux and samples, loading the TGA, fuse samples, load spectrometers etc)
- Perform all analyses accurately and within turnaround times required
- Perform maintenance and operational functions on the automated equipment as required
- Follow all documented procedures to ensure maintenance of quality accreditation
- Conduct general cleaning and maintenance of the sample station and sampling points
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
- Previous laboratory experience is favourable however not essential
- Knowledge of relevant standards relating to Laboratory procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a small team to achieve key objectives
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate procedures
- Computer literate
- Previous sampling experience highly regarded
Intertek is a global organisation which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution towards achieving its business objectives.
You will enjoy:
- A salary package commensurate with experience
- Access to the Intertek Australia employee benefits program, which includes;
- Corporate health insurance plans
- Corporate banking options
- Intertek’s employee assistance program
How to apply, who to contact
To apply for this position, please apply via SEEK.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only candidates selected to progress will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit hcog.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.