Internal Communications Specialist
Auckland, AUK, NZ
Make a difference as an Internal Communication Specialist
Join the largest insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We’re here for you. Are you ready?
We are looking for a mid-level internal communications professional to provide communications support that aligns with IAG’s purpose – to make your world a safer place.
The purpose of the role, and your unique contribution, is to support the internal communications team and wider business to design, plan, and produce compelling content that links our people to our purpose, our strategy and the NZ Division business plans.
You will support two Communications Partners across three business units: Claims; Supply Chain & Adjacencies; and Consumer Brands. You will work with a range of stakeholders including operational teams, change, external communications, legal, brand, customer experience and digital engagement, as well as intermediaries. This is a dynamic and unique opportunity to truly make a difference to the people that bring IAG to life.
We have a culture we are incredibly proud of. You will be a part of a specialised team of passionate internal communications professionals who pride themselves on their excellence and reputation.
The role is NZ-based only.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or other tertiary qualification in communications and 4-6 years communications experience OR several years on-the-job communications experience with clear demonstration of having gained significant skills relevant to this job level.
- Intermediate-to-advanced specialist in internal communications.
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills – can write for multiple channels and in multiple voices.
- Deadline driven, high attention to detail and factual accuracy.
- Expert negotiator and relationship builder.
- Tangible examples of effective stakeholder relationship management and collaboration to positively influence outcomes.
- Experience managing communications in a complex, diverse, and transforming industry.
- Ability to work across multiple business functions to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to help others express their views and develop their own ideas.
Applications close on Monday 4, December 23.59 AEDT
IAG is not only the largest general insurance group in Aotearoa|New Zealand and Australia, underwriting over $AUD13 billion of premium per annum, we’re also a tech and research facility, a hub for climate change experts and a centre of resilience design. We chat over coffee with customers, advocate for them in the corridors of Parliament and back them up in the community when life’s moments hit hardest.
You’ll know our brands – AMI, NZI, State Insurance, NRMA Insurance, CGU and WFI to name a few. Together they turn our IAG purpose of making your world safer into action by helping, supporting ambitions, and making insurance accessible.
When you join IAG, you’re not joining one brand. You’re joining a large purpose-led, Trans-Tasman group dedicated to making your world a safer place.
We’re ready to grow your career, acknowledge every part of you, recognise your brilliance, lead you with purpose and help you live your own purpose through us.
At IAG you can enjoy:
- Flexibility and support so you can live life to the full.
- Carers and parents’ hub and support.
- Claim $500 annually after your first 12 months to use on any wellbeing tools that work for you.
- Celebrate your five-year anniversary with an extra week of leave.
- Work in a team who care about people and community.
- Receive meaningful recognition through an award-winning system.
We acknowledge Tāngata Whenua in Aotearoa (NZ) and are committed to growing Māori prosperity and well-being in Aotearoa through He Rautaki Māori (IAG’s Māori Strategy).
We’re ready for you. Apply today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.iag.com.au.