- Full-time 24-month IT Traineeship opportunity based in Innisfail
- Gain a Certificate IV in Information Technology (Support)
- Full time hours with RDO
Who We Are
Community Solutions is a non-for-profit organisation operating as a commercial business, providing apprentices and trainees to a variety of different businesses throughout Queensland. We provide apprentices and trainees important career guidance and opportunity to earn while they learn. Dedicated Field Officers are assigned to apprentices and trainees to provide ongoing support to completing their chosen trade qualification.
We are recruiting a motivated, reliable, confident, and keen trainee to join our host business based in Innisfail. You’ll be combining full-time work and have allocated time each week at work to complete your Certificate IV in Information Technology (Support).
The successful candidate will be placed in a technical environment that includes:
- Install and manage a server
- Install, configure and test network security
- Implement maintenance procedures
- Determine and confirm client business requirements
- Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages
What will you bring to the role?
The team will help you develop during the traineeship, but there are some minimum requirements and key traits we’re looking for :
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of current technology and software applications.
- Be a self-starter with initiative who is willing to learn new processes and develop additional skills.
- Possess a high level of motivation in performing routine duties.
- No formal qualifications apply for this position; however, it is expected that the applicant will have
- Completed year 12 or equivalent.
- Strong focus on quality of work whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
What can we offer you?
- Fortnightly wage paid to you directly by Community Solutions
- Leave entitlements Annual Leave and Personal Leave
- Mentoring, ongoing support and regular visits from your committed Field Officer
- Ability to obtain a certification and vast range of industry skills and experience
- Employee Assistance Program– a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available
- Public transport is in walking distance to our office and on-site paid parking is available
So what’s next…
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below. Please note, if you have recently completed a Cert III in Information Technology or higher, you may not qualify for this traineeship. You must also be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Recent school leavers are encouraged to apply. We can’t wait to hear from you.
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant”
To apply for this job please visit communitysolutions.org.au.