Iron Mine Contracting
- Permanent full time employment
- Get paid to learn
- Karatha local – be home every night
IMC and its associated indigenous Joint Venture partners have been delivering projects to Tier 1 Resource clients including Rio Tinto, Woodside Petroleum, Northern Star Resources FMG, Roy Hill, Novo Resources, Liontown Resources, Saracen Minerals and Newcrest Mining amongst others since 2013.
With extensive experience working for clients in remote areas and a deep body of knowledge gained from its diverse multidisciplinary team, IMC understands the specific challenges that constructing and delivering for its Western Australian clients presents.
Applications are invited from Indigenous candidates within the Karratha area for the opportunity to undertake an Indigenous Traineeship – Certificate III in Civil Construction.
No experience is required however previous plant and machinery operation is advantageous.
- Full time position with all leave accruals – No labour hire
- Superannuation on all hours worked
- Competitive hourly rate incentives (ITTTM) – talk to us!!
- Employee referral bonuses
- Discounts across a large range of retailers
- Training and development opportunities
- Supportive and highly experience leadership team
- Collaborative work environment where your input matters
- Wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Options for salary sacrifice
During this 2-year traineeship you will learn:
- Safety on the work site
- Safe handling of materials
- Plant and machinery operation (skid steer, excavator, and loader tickets)
- Reading plans
- Locate and protect underground services
- Current driver’s licence
- Ability to complete full pre-employment medical including drug screen
- Be reliable and have a positive attitude
- Strong commitment to complete the Traineeship
- General labouring experience an advantage
This is a rare opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation entering an exciting period of growth. To be considered please forward a current CV including a cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
Position open only to Indigenous candidates residential to Karratha or surrounding area.
The above position shall only be open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit imcpl.com.au.