The purpose of this Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Traineeship in Cunnamulla is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander primary health care workers are employed across a range of setting throughout Queensland and provide a critical role in ensuring better health outcomes for indigenous people and communities.
Work usually takes place as part of a health clinic, centre or service.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– basic health and wellness check
– community education
– supporting clients’ social and emotional wellbeing
– supporting the safe use of medications
– contributing to the review and development of policies
– undertaking basic health assessments
– support and liaise between communities/individuals and other health professionals.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
– A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
– The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
– The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
– The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
– The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
– The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
– Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Traineeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
– Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
– Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
– Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
– Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
– Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
To apply for this job please visit apply.goldenwest.org.au.