Closes: 04 December 2023
Classification: School Leader C
Salary: $135,383 plus superannuation
Position No: 36373, Several
Advertised (Gazettal date): 20 November 2023
Contact Officer: Anita Wesney on [email protected] or (02) 6207 3593
Details: Executive Teachers –Inclusion Coaches (Disability) Tuggeranong Network – Teach in Canberra
- Nation leading public school pay and conditions.
- Future-focussed on career growth and development.
- Ongoing professional development, in-school support, and mentoring.
We are seeking a School Leaders who are passionate about inclusion for students with disability to join us in the ACT. School Leader C salary is $135,383 (plus up to $12K relocation reimbursement offered for interstate teachers).
Join a leading learning organisation where you matter. By leading teaching in the growing ACT public school system, you will make a real difference to the lives of the young people of Canberra. In 2024, we’re opening our 91st school in a system delivering excellent, inclusive and equitable outcomes for every child and young person.
Our system offers nation leading pay and conditions and a better classification structure that supports school leaders, new educators and experienced teachers. We’ll also help with your relocation expenses (up to $12K).
Benefits of working in ACT public schools:
- Better workloads that prioritise developing educational leadership and innovative teaching and learning.
- 4 staff development days a year (student free), held at the beginning of each term.
- The right to disconnect outside of work hours and enjoy a better work/life balance in a progressive, diverse and inclusive city.
School based disability Inclusion Coaches will be allocated to support one or more Tuggeranong Schools and be part of the school community. They will provide coaching and support to school staff to strengthen inclusive education practice. They will be part of a small group of Inclusion Coaches within the Tuggeranong Network. These are new positions and appropriate workload considerations will be made to ensure the intended focus on coaching and leadership of inclusive education practices remains the core focus of these roles. School-based conditions apply to these roles.
- Enjoy a work/life balance in a progressive city where everything is a 30-minute or less drive away!
- Canberra is a safe, welcoming, and multicultural city with an abundance of nature reserves, parks, lakes and mountains as well as contemporary and dynamic urban spaces, including extensive foodie and shopping precincts.
- Canberrans thrive in their active lifestyle; our residents have the highest participation level for organised sport in the country. Our community events are unsurpassed with regular artisanal markets and annual events including our spring festival featuring one million blooms by the lake, the renowned multicultural food festival and iconic hot air balloon festival in autumn.
- Canberra is a city offering endless opportunity. But don’t take our word for it – find out more about why Canberra is a great place to live and work.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Prior to commencing in this role a minimum of four years full time (or equivalent) tertiary study leading to the award of a recognised school teaching qualification; a current full teaching registration with the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) (or eligibility for teacher registration with the ACT TQI) and a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to – Working with vulnerable people (WWVP) registration (act.gov.au) . Be an Australian citizen and/or be permanent resident and/or hold a valid working visa.
Note: A Merit Pool will be established from this selection process and will be used to fill vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: Applicants need to submit their Expression of Interest including:
- Supporting statement addressing the capabilities listed below and be written with a focus on the job description specified for the position. (Please write maximum six pages)
- Current curriculum vitae and
- Name and contact details for two referees
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au.