WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High earning potential ($150 – $200k including overtime)
- Allowances and flexibility to accrue additional days off
- Company Car – everything paid for including personal use
- Tailored relocation package – if required
- Personalised salary packages available
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Health & Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Personal career development
- Being part of a global, innovative organisation
ABOUT THE ROLE
This isn’t your ordinary Protection Technician role. This is a career development opportunity, to design work and manage projects from conception to commissioning!
You will join a highly experienced team who are leading the way for high voltage protection system testing and scheme upgrade works, and your career growth will be supported.
As a highly regarded team member you will spend your days working on large scale projects, where the scope of work will keep you challenged, with few days being the same. You will work across various sites; including renewable energy, thermal generation, utilities and mining and have the opportunity see some spectacular parts of Australia.
Ampcontrol promotes flexible work arrangements. Our field service team works across numerous areas including; Snowy Mountains, Rural NSW, QLD, TAS and SA.
Your passion and drive to become engrained in complex systems on some of the largest machines around the country will be complimented by the following:
- Protection system testing experience
- Experience using OMICRON and/or Doble secondary test equipment and software
- Familiarity with major protection relay manufacturers interface software
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, fault finding and solution identification
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- A commitment to providing exceptional client and customer service
- Willingness to travel and be away from home periodically
- Safety as a core value
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Electrical trade qualifications or relevant engineering qualifications (i.e. Certificate IV, Diploma, Degree)
- LVR / CPR training
- Driver’s License
- Relevant Engineering Qualifications (i.e. Certificate IV, Diploma, Degree)
- Exposure to PLC / Protection System integration and communications testing
- Demonstrated ability to write protection relay configuration files for feeder, motor, transformer, generator and transmission protection relays
- Experience testing protection schemes utilizing IEC61850 functions (GOOSE / Client-Server / Sampled Values)
- Experience with electrical switchgear and systems maintenance and testing
- HV Switching Certificate
For over 50 years Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce across the world. Ampcontrol designs and develops pioneering integrated electrical solutions and technology that makes a meaningful improvement to people’s lives across the globe. In short, our people do some seriously cool stuff to energise our world!
At Ampcontrol, we are united by the principles of safety, people, innovation, customer and performance. Our people and values make our business better and are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to investing in our people and provide a supportive, healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.
If you believe you have the right skills, experience and passion for succeeding in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.